This reference library is provided to concentrate the research of the Swindon Panel Society into the signalling history of the Swindon area.
To ensure it is accurate, organised and consistent a structure has been defined:
The site is publicly accessible for viewing but only users can contribute.
New users to be approved by the administrators, so that those editing is restricted to those with the knowledge and credibility to do so.
Research output will be separated into silos, ie.
- The Panel Itself
- Routes Controlled
- Control Functions (Points & Signals)
- Level Crossings
- Ground Frames
- Fringe SBs
For each of the above categories a title page is created (ie, Ground Frames), with a table showing the items in that section, ie, a list of ground frames, a list of interlockings, etc, with each item linking to an article page solely about that item, ie, a Wantage GF page, a Hullavington GF page, etc.
For each heading also, a page of Research Guidance on what is expected to be included on pages on this subject:
- Research Guidance - The Panel
- Research Guidance - Routes
- Research Guidance - Interlockings
- Research Guidance - Control Functions
- Research Guidance - Stations
- Research Guidance - Tunnels
- Research Guidance - Level Crossings
- Research Guidance - Ground Frames
- Research Guidance - Fringe Signal Boxes
For sources, a page to be created for each type of source, ie:
- Sources - Locking Sketches
- Sources - Signalling Notices
- Sources - Photographs
- Sources - ...
- Sources - Other Documents
With, in each, a list of our source documents.
Where possible these lists to link to uploaded copies of the originals.
This also states where we obtained the document (a numerical reference to a contributor, with an index kept offline (for privacy)).
Conditions of Participation
- You must only upload text, images and files uploaded to this site that are either your own work, or you have permission from the original author/photographer. The permission obtained extends to all uses by the Swindon Panel Society.
- Credits to original authors or photographers should be given unless requested otherwise.
- Abstract information uploaded to this site may be used for any non-profit purpose by the Swindon Panel Society. This include re-publishing in other Society journals, newsletters, online, etc. This includes use of information to write other articles, but not copying of articles word-for-word.
- Concrete data, images and text remain the copyright of the original contributor, and these may only be re-used with the permission of the author/photographer/copyright holder.
- If you wish to re-used something that has been uploaded by another contributor please contact us and we may be able to put you in contact with that person.